Sunday, May 4, 2008

Some pictures


So I thought I'd start with a sunset photo. Why not??

I took this in Hawaii (almost TWO years ago!) when I woke up one morning at 5:00 and couldn't go back to sleep. I had a to-do list of things i wanted to do before I left, and one was to take some pictures of a sunrise, since in Hawaii it's easy to get the sun over the water no matter what time of day it is.



There were so many shots from that morning. I think I'll most more of them, since I was so happy with the results!

I can't remember what order these were taken in. It looks like this one was taken before the first one I posted.


I love the burst of white-hot light you get from the sun. While learning my way around the darkroom at Saddleback, my teacher told me to never have too much white hot light; you always need some definition, some information even in the lightest ares. But the sun is really your one exception. It's that shocking spot of white paper poking through the tree branches that makes that shot at the park really nice.

Or, in this case, exploding through the orange morning clouds.

For these shots I'm standing at the end of the point- the part the north shore of the island I lived on. I just walked down the street, and ended up at this place with hard lava rocks and little sea caves.

You can also see 7 small islands grouped around- each with a Hawaiian name and a legend. I have a picture of thew plaque that describes them somewhere, although I'm pretty sure I only took them with my film camera.







Laie temple at dusk. I loved the gardens there, as well as the visitors center. The missionaries made me feel at home and reminded me of Lily.

1 comment:

Lily Ashbrook said...

Yesss! Exactly what I wanted. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I like your describing the scenes...
you are a princess.