Sunday, July 29, 2012

Some rules of mine.

1. "weird is good."
My older sister used to say this in defense when I would call her weird when we were younger, when I was trying to use weird as an insult. I have realized over the years that I am completely weird, I love the weird, and that weird really is good. I don't really fit into anyone's stereotype, and I stinking love that about myself. Weird is good.
Weird Al is so sexy.

2. I really don't have enough shoes.
My dad will sigh at that one.

3. Do what you say you're gonna do.
I like to break the "young adults are flakes" stereotype and KEEP COMMITMENTS. Except if I fall asleep, in which case I am eternally sorry.

4. Keep learning.
I really adore learning. Anything. I love that at my new job I learn a ton, and my boss knows that and tries to explain why everything is done the way it is. I pick guys to date that I can learn something from. Like good grammar. (j/k- did you notice that last sentence? Someone needs to set me up with an English teacher.) I love asking questions and figuring out the "why." I'm four years old, apparently.


5. Try it yourself!
People often look at what I wearing/doing/trying to do but not really working it, and say, "I could never  pull that off/do that/have the guts to completely bomb at that like you are." To them I say: YEAH-HUH! The only reason I'm wearing this was because I put it on. I tried it, and I practiced in some cases, and that's how. Just try.
Refer to rule #1.

6. Be happy.
It's my choice. Take responsibility for your mood. My dad taught me this one.
Young Anne: (lamenting) Ugh you're making me so MAD/sad/frustrated, etc.
Wise father: I can't make you feel anything.
Young Anne: UGH.
I get it now. Within reason, I choose my mood. People ask me why I'm happy all the time, and I say it's because I like to be. It doesn't hurt that I'm also kinda awesome. *shrug*
Having adorable nieces and nephews helps.

3 comments:

Lily Eggleston said...

Nice list! I love it! What inspired you to write this?

Marie said...

Yeah, groovy, man.

Unknown said...

variety of kinds of carpet cleansing devices accessible in the market for obtain. If you shop for one, it would be sensible to examine for its longevity, if it truly is less prone to breaking, especially throughout functions. A good carpet cleaning machine must have potent suction talents, and light and flexible adequate airbag reset tool
to get handled by anyone employing it. And it should even be straightforward to function. There launch x431 diagun
are available buyer reviews on the internet. They're very good tools to help you when evaluating your alternatives.Men and women have this idea of purchasing in shops given that they wish to keep the pristine problem in their houses. However this idea can confirm to become sometimes fairly expensive, especially when they desire these wet methods when cleaning their carpets. Even using expert aid can from time to time be impractical, besides currently being costly. You will find choices, and leasing is a single. Rental costs anywhere assortment from minimal to reasonable. But no matter what way you