Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I love my ukulele all over again.

Today, for some reason, I decided it would be useful to discover that there really are a lot of chords and tabs for ukuleles.


I mean, of course there are, I just decided it would be a good idea to look for them. And I've found a ton of stuff!! I've been sitting at my computer and tinkering around with my uke and playing everything from The Beatles (I have "I Will" already), to a song from Juno, Happy Birthday... how have I not been doing this the whole time????

Here are some cool websites I found (this is for you, Grandma and Jake):

Animated Beatles songs: http://beatlesite.info (Although it bugs me a little- they show you the chord on the neck after the song changes, so it's not in unison. That doesn't make sense to me, and is quite frustrating.)

A complete random and very diverse collection of songs (presented with tab or just the chords): www.alligatorboogaloo.com/uke/tabs.html

And this site, which seems to have the most professional look in my opinion: http://ukulelehunt.com (and where I saw this amazing cover of a Stevie Ray Vaughan song, whom I looooove):


Totally cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking to my blog.

That's the first time anyone has called it professional.

Woodshed